10 August 2017

Masters of Scrap Competition 2017 - Week 1

You may have come across the website Scrapaneers, this is very much an education site were you can purchase classes to help you gain new skills using mostly Photoshop.  They do also have a number of free classes to.

Well this month they are running a competition for the very first time, where you are challenged to produce a scrapbook page within a style of a type of scrapbooker.  
So just what is the Masters of Scrap Competition?
8 Tournaments. 24 Tournament Winners.
Two tournaments per week.

The Minimalist & The Free Spirit - Week 1
The Geometrist
The Eclectic
The Traditionalist
The Day Dreamer
The Shape Shifter
The Abstractionist

Here's my take on The Minimalist


I don't normally do minimalist pages so this was a challenge I've been working at this for a couple of days, as I couldn't get a look I was happy with.  I do love this photo of me, as Steve managed to snap this when I wasn't looking and I love how it looks in black & white.
The main kit I used was from Dawn Inskip Designs called Believe in Yourself 

The second page I had to do The Free Spirit


This was fun I've never tried this style before, I thought this would be a hard style for me but I really enjoyed the process and I can see me having ago at this style again. This is our Roxy a mad pug when she was still a puppy. I cut out the image of Roxy and then added a paint effect, I blending the photo into the background paper and then added the gesso etc to give a layered look.
I used kits all from Dawn Inskip Designs: Furbabies, Life is Good, Woof, Gesso Overlays I also used the font: Rusty Bucket

Well that's the first week done, Monday we find out which are the next two styles we get to work with.  Its been nice to get back into scrapbooking again its been a long time since I've done any pages due to taking a break due to a shoulder injury.