16 August 2017

Masters of Scrap - Week 2

It's week 2 of the Masters of Scrap Competition this week we are asked to do another 2 scrapbooking pages using the following scrapbooking styles.

Style: Day Dreamer

This was my first go at this style of scrapbooking, although I have seen this type of page done before I never realised it was a specific style.  I did enjoy it but I'm not sure if it's a style I will go back to.

My inspiration came from the photo's I took last year in our local wood.  All the animals are extracted from photo's I have taken this year.  The pug is my girl Roxy and she is my inspiration for this layout I added the Zoo animals from the photo's I took at Marwell Zoo back in April.  I love how the photo of Roxy is just laying there watching the giraffes go by and how the jaguar is coming out of the trees at the back.

I only used a few things from kits as this was mainly about the photo extraction and placement.  

1 paper was used as a background so I could use the blend mode Luminosity.

2 birds were used from one kit to add a bit of colour and interest to the top of the trees 
daydreamer

CREDIT
Paper from a kit called Needs + Wants by a company called Live Designs Birds are from a kit called Aviary Paradise by a company called Daisy Trail
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Style: The Geometrist

This is what we were asked to do: Your challenge is to create a digital scrapbook layout based on the style of Geometrist:

 Requirements:

Your layout must include photos. ALL photos must be circular or oval in shape.
-- You may use circles and ovals together.
-- There is no minimum or maximum amounts for photos.

Your layout must include a combination of three (3) different kinds of geometric-based shapes (for example. squares/rectangles, triangles and hexagons, OR triangles, diamonds, and pentagons, OR etc)
-- Squares and rectangles will be counted as one (1) kind of shape.
-- Circles and ovals will not count toward this requirement. You can use them, but they won't count.
-- There is no maximum amount of shapes -- add as many as you want.
-- Shapes can be created using ANY kind of product.

Your layout must exhibit asymmetrical balance.

AND your layout must demonstrate a strong use of a colour palette/colour story. In other words, your layout will be judged on how well you use, mix and balance the colours together.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
This took me some time I've never tried this type of scrapbooking before. I have tried my best to follow the instructions, I hope I've done enough I do love the effect I've got. I've attached the colour wheel I have worked with.

CREDIT
Kits used First Light by Aimee Harrison Designs and the kit Life is Good by Pink Reptile Designs and Val C. Fonts used are Brush Script MT and Berner Basisschrift 1